Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How it started...


Cuff  Bracelets
I used rows of half double crochet.  A plastic yarn needle is a must for most projects.  You can sew the ends together to form bracelet.  I picked up cloth shapes (bows, hands, butterflies)at Dollar store to sew on to them.  I will post my "friendship" bracelets in another post.

I found out that I am not into following a long, complicated set of instructions.  I do like to crochet and I wanted to make a lot of smaller projects, using my own imagination.  I start out sometimes not knowing what my creation will become!  I will be posting ideas, pictures, and videos showing you the things I make by using different sizes of hooks. and no pattern (per say).  I will give you approximate directions.   I encourage you to add your own ideas and make  the projects your OWN creation!  I am currently working on items for Samaritan's Purse, Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.  I want my blog to be an "encouragement" to those of you who like to crochet, but can't seem to finish a project.  I HAVE BEEN THERE!  Not any longer~now it's so much more fun!!! Happy crocheting!




Cuff bracelets, headband(strip of felt was used here), basket, purses.  Next, I will post a step by step of a "pouch" or coin purse.  The purse is a larger crocheted square with sides sewed up.  You can add a handle by attaching a few rows of dbl. crochet.  Do not worry about crocheting perfectly even rows.  You will be sewing the ends together anyway (cool!).  Buttons will come in handy, if you want a fancy hook for a closure.  I will post basket  instructions later.  Please check back in a few days.
(1)rectangle shape
(2)Fold to form a "pouch"& sew up both sides(tack ends closest to opening of "pouch.")
(3) Fold top down, position button & sew it on, push a piece of yarn through crochet section below button, to hook on when closing pouch.  You can make this any size or shape you would like!

No comments: