Wednesday, March 14, 2012


FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS (quick, easy)

Foundation Row- Make a loop & pull it tight.  Slip loop around hook.  Pull it a little tighter. Take yarn (from ball of yarn) & wrap it around the hook, from back to front & pull that yarn through the loop (stitch) on the hook.  Continue doing this until you have your Foundation row as long as you want.  Keep each crochet stitch the same. 
I used two strands of yarn tied together.  I crochet a chain stitch (foundation), the first row you do when you start a project. My hook was a medium size & I used my own wrist as a guide, making it a bit longer.  This can be adjusted accordingly for the person wearing it.   I made some plain and some with beads.  Beaded ones- I did two stitches and then pushed a "pony bead" through to the end where I stopped.  Crochet two stitches and add a "pony bead" & so on to the end.  You can either make a really big knot at the end to secure the bracelet, or use a bead to hook it over to secure it.  The butterfly can be purchased in a pack to sew on after you make bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment