Wednesday, July 10, 2013


ANCESTORS, PART 2-How they influenced my creativity!

 
 
Great Aunt Helen-  She worked in a sewing factory when she was younger,  So did My Grandmother, her sister.  Her favorite was hand embroidery or cross stitching.   She enjoyed baking cookies.   She was also my partner to play cards or do jig saw puzzles.
 
 
 
My Dad-  He encouraged me to do crafts at age 12.  I was in the "Craft of the Month club."  For $1.99, I would get a whole craft kit (different one) every month.  I would give them as gifts, or sometimes keep it for myself.  My Dad made wooden decorations that he designed.  He even created a "bean bag" game out of wood.  He painted it with a logo, and submitted his idea to a company.  They did not accept it, and I felt very sad for him.  He made a huge Indian for our football team, painted all nice.  It hung on our front porch all season.  When he was retired, he created little wooden "bird houses."  I have one in my kitchen.  He gave them all away.
 
Mom-  She inspired me with her "decorating" skills.  Our home was decorated all year long.  Christmas was like a "wonderland."  She made "homemade" snowflakes out of lace.  My Mom taught me to care about others.  She sent greeting cards to everyone she could.  This inspired me to be kind, and show concern to others through greetings or giving.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment