Wednesday, August 22, 2012

YARN-It's cool how something made from yarn can not only be "useful," but "memorable."
One of my first memories was of a toy sock monkey that was made for me by one of my Grandmother's friends.  I remember my Nana taking me for a walk to her house.  She said,"My friend has something for you."  I couldn't imagine what that would be!  This elderly lady handed me a sock monkey. I was so thrilled that she used some of her last energy, talent, and time to do this for me!  I had that thing until it fell apart!

Next, there was the "octopus."  It was made by the midget football cheerleaders and their mom's (Bears) as a fundraiser.  Here's my picture of it.




Something else that has memories!

My Granny Radzinowicz & Pap
TEEN YEARS~  My Grandmother (same one as above)  made me a pair of purple & white mittens to wear to High School football games.  That is the team colors.  I didn't give her enough credit for her thoughtfulness!

MOMMY YEARS~ See the blanket in the picture above?  It's one of 5,  that dear sweet ladies made for the birth of my babies.  There was also a small white baby blanket that this Grandmother's best friend made me for the  Church Dedication of my babies.  Yes, Mae Feudale was her name.  She belonged to a church that myself ,& my children would one day attend.  She is also the source of alot alot of yarn that I got from her daughter, when she was in town.  So, I decided that a great way to honor her memory, would be to make things for others.  Just as she did.  Just as my Granny did.  And, who taught me to crochet?  It wasn't Granny.  But, it was another dear lady at my current church.  Do you want to know what she said to me?  She said, "Our talents are meant to be shared with others!" 

Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.  1Timothy 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment